Ah, there’s nothing like a crisp autumn day for going on a walk with your preschooler. Next time you go out with your child, collect some pretty autumn leaves and make some very practical placemats.
What you’ll need:
- Clear Contac paper
- Autumn leaves (look for a variety of colors and species)
What to do:
- Cut two pieces of clear Contac paper 12” x15”.
- Remove the plastic from one piece and lay it down, sticky side up.
- Choosing pretty, bright leaves, have the child lay them on the plastic.
- Strip the backing from the second piece and lay it on top of the leaves.
- Now have the child rub his hands over the entire surface to seal the two pieces together.
- You can use a pair of decorative, scrap booking scissors to cut around the edge to make an attract appearance to the leaf mats.
This is a great activity use in conjunction with Chapter 6, Day 2: Fall Leaves of Teach Me Mommy